One of my favorite restaurants in Austin serves sweet potato fries–they’re so delicious that I’ll keep eating them long after I’m not even hungry anymore. I’ve been looking a good recipe to make my own, and finally found this one. I was looking for a more spicy version because my son Luke likes food with a kick–and he says they were good. Luke-tested, mother-approved–it’s a keeper!
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
1/2 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. ground red pepper
1 T. vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Peel potatoes, then cut each in half lengthwise, then each half into 6 wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine potato wedges, spice mixture and oil. Toss until completely coated.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, and serve immediately. YUM!!