- How to read a seed packet — honestly, for a new gardener, seed packets are like reading the Encyclopedia Brittanica. It used to mess me up all the time. Thank God Dee explains it so clearly!
- Fertilizer Decoding — What's all this about NPK? We gardeners sometimes unnecessarily make things more difficult, but Dee breaks it down for us. You don't need to be a chemist to get it.
- Weeding as Meditation — I totally get this. In our world of uber busyness, gardening offers a way to keep our bodies and hands moving while giving our minds a rest.
- How to compost — My garden always looks/grows better and more healthy when I use my own compost. If you don't have the space, you can certainly buy good compost, but Dee shows you how if you are inclined.
- Plant suggestions — Which vegetables should you try first? What are the easiest flowers? Which grow from seeds best?
- Plus tips from other gardeners as well — Dee has friends all over the country who share their best tips for gardening. Haven't we always heard that gardeners are the most generous people? This book is almost like having a little garden club with you while you poke around and try new things. What's more fun that that?
Now, to enter to win any number of other garden goodies, go to our friends' blogs below, read their review and leave a comment! It's that easy. Shawna Coronado's website — a gift certificate to High Country Gardens for a Summer Dreams Garden. Red Wheelbarrow Plants — Garden Girl shorts and Fiskars PowerGear 18” loppers.
Niki Jabbour at Niki Jabbour, The Year Round Veggie Gardener.
Carmen Johnston at Carmen Johnston Gardens — Garden Girl pants with knee pads and a David Austin rose, 'The Alnwick Rose' catalog link for ordering bare root roses.